Upping the Ante
Hagen’s Fluval 06 Series Canister Filters Offer Top-of-the-Line Performance for Fresh and Saltwater Aquariums
MANSFIELD, Mass., March 27, 2012 (For Immediate Release) – Aquarium enthusiasts have turned to Fluval Filtration Systems for years, due to their unmatched performance, reliability and water quality maintenance, and now the company is taking filtration to the next level. The new Fluval 06 Series Filters from the Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp. brings several state-of-the-art features to aquariums ranging in size from 25-100 gallons, ensuring reliable operation and trouble- free maintenance.
Designed for easy set up and start up, the Fluval 06 Series canister filters have improved filter performance and water quality for both fresh and saltwater aquariums. Each of the four filters in the line includes everything needed to make installation easy, even for a first-time aquarium owner, while delivering top-of-the-line performance and holding 35-50 percent more volume than round canister filters of similar size. With their patented AquaStop Valves, multiple filtration baskets and rim connector assemblies, Fluval 06 Series Filters have outstanding features that will satisfy even the most advanced aquarium enthusiast.
The 06 Series features Fluval’s Advanced Filtration Media system, which provides multi-stage filtration for healthier fresh and saltwater aquariums. It also allows the three types of filtration to be used in whatever configuration or sequence that meets the needs of the aquarium:
- Low level media baskets contain Fluval BioFoam, which captures the very smallest of organic particles before they can clog the delicate pores of biological or chemical substrates. Its pore structure increases surface area, which promotes the growth of helpful nitrifying bacteria. Fluval BioFoam is not included in the 106 model, which has a flow rate that provides a very efficient organic particle removal on its own.
- Mid level media baskets are an excellent place to begin the biological reduction process with BIOMAX ceramic ring media. BIOMAX’s ceramic rings have a complex core system that provides optimal biological filtration efficiency, and because they have more capacity than most biological filter media, they help reduce ammonia and nitrate in the water. The unique ring shape of BIOMAX also allows water to move through the media, ensuring optimal contact time for more efficient biological filtration.
- Upper level media baskets receive the clearest water, and are the ideal place for dedicated chemical media, such as Fluval Carbon, which efficiently removes discolorations, medications and solubilized wastes that a mechanical screen cannot.
Other new features of the Fluval 06 Series include:
- Increased hydraulic performance for less frequent maintenance
- Increased water filtration performance for cleaner water
- Sound dampening impeller design for quieter operation
- Redesigned impeller cover is less prone to breakage
- Re-engineered efficient priming system for easier starting
- Strengthened Lift-lock clams provide a more secure closure
- Hose lock nuts for improved security
- Redesigned AQUASTOP levers offer better grip and strength
- Attractive and stylish appearance with a red, black and white color scheme
The 06 Series Canister filters come in four sizes – 106, for aquariums up to 25 US gallons (100 liters) ; 206, up to 45 US gallons (200 liters); 306, up to 70 US gallons (300 liters); and 406, up to 100 US gallons (400 liters).
Fluval 06 Series Canister Aquarium Filters are available online and at pet retailers nationwide with MSRP’s of $174.99-359.99. For more information, visit www.hagen.com or call 1‐800‐225‐2700.
# # #
Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp. is a wholly owned US subsidiary of Rolf C. Hagen Inc., Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Founded in 1955, Rolf C. Hagen, Inc. is a leading international manufacturer and distributor of pet products, food and supplies with facilities located throughout North America, Europe and Asia.